My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ecoliciousmamablog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Healthy & Delicious Chicken Tacos!

CHICKEN SOFT TACOS WITH SAUTEED ONIONS AND APPLES
Green Apple
I found a great recipe that is super simple, extremely healthy, and most importantly, it tastes good! I'm not saying it tastes like a full of fat cheeseburger, but for trying to be healthy, this is a great recipe to keep on hand and has only 354 calories in 2 tacos! I know the combination sounds a little odd, and I don't even like onions, but I like this and so does my husband. It's something about the sweet and sour mixed together that makes it work. My husband adds hot sauce to his to give it an extra kick.








Serves 4 (serving size is 2 tacos)

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray (Olive oil preferred)
1 pound, skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp Smart Start or Smart Balance butter (I usually use olive oil)
2 cups thinly sliced onion (I chop mine into small pieces)
2 cups peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
2 garlic cloves, minced (sometimes I skip this if I don't have it on hand)
8 (6-inch) La Tortilla Factory low-carb tortillas


1. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenlly with nutmeg and black pepper. Add chicken to the pan; saute 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from pan; keep warm.
2. Melt Smart Start (or olive oil) in pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add apple; cook 6 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each tortilla.


Nutrition Per Serving
Calories - 354
Fat 7.5g
Protein 32.9g
Sodium 305 mg
Fiber 4.8g
Carbohydrate 31.5g

Recipe taken from Making The Cut, by Jillian Michaels
Photo by http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=982

No comments:

Post a Comment